How to join a Webinar
Webinars are great in that you can learn new things without leaving the comfort of your home or office. All you need is a device like a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone that is connected to the Internet. For our Webinars, the bigger the screen the better as we have lots of photos. We have had some people hook their laptop or tablet up to their BIG SCREEN TV! Now that would be an experience!! But, I digress, here is how our Webinars work:
Once you have paid through PayPal, you will immediately be linked to a registration page . (#1 Visual below) Complete the form and you will then receive directions on how to JOIN the WOW Webinar. (#2 visual below) **** NOTE THE SECTION THAT SAYS “Check system requirements” – Do that just so you won’t be delayed when you do log into the Webinar. Once registered you will be placed into an automated reminder system that will send you an email the day before your Webinar and then another an hour before, each of those emails will have the JOIN WEBINAR BUTTON.
Any problems, email firstname.lastname@example.org
#1 Visual (below) – registration after payment. Complete this so you are registered and will receive reminders.
#2 Visual (below) – Once registered you will immediately receive this notice about how to Join. Save this email and click the JOIN WEBINAR button when the Webinar is set to begin. Don’t worry if you lose this email, you will receive reminder emails one day before and one hour before.
Note the section under the JOIN WEBINAR – Check system requirements. We encourage you to do this if you have not used a GoToWebinar before. Whatever device you are going to watch the webinar on, check to make sure it is compatible. When you click this link, if your system is not compatible, GoToWebinar will place a small utility on your system – this is virus free and will not impact your computer it is only to run the GoToWebinar software.
When it is time for the Webinar to begin.
Log in a few minutes early. If you did not test your system in Step 2, then GoToMeeting will test it now.
There are several ways to access the Webinar:
- Since this is a visual, you don’t want to use the telephone you want to use a Desktop, Laptop, Tablet or Smartphone to connect.
- From the Desktop or Laptop, just click the JOIN WEBINAR. Or if you are on Windows 10 you can download the GoToMeeting app.
- For the Tablet or Smartphone, download the GoToMeeting app and login using the Webinar ID (#2 visual, under the telephone numbers.
- For any device, open your browser to GoToWebinar and in the top right corner, click on JOIN A WEBINAR, type in the WEBINAR ID.
- To ask questions during the Webinar, click the ? and a window will come up for you to type in your questions. We always leave 15 minutes after the Webinar for questions.