“I’ve watched the Paris, Provence and Barcelona Webinars and enjoy the presentation style and pictures. It is almost as good as going there. “
– Karen T., Lethbridge
Ideas on what to do and see in Scotland
Oh, Jamie. Oh, Claire, my Sassenach. If that doesn’t make sense to you then you haven’t read Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series or watched the TV series about two people who meet in Scotland in the 1700s. The TV series is stunning to watch with history, castles, legends and fascinating characters. It’s stirring stuff, but that’s Scotland which has some of the world’s most beautiful islands, coastline, lakes and forests. Plus castles, ancient towns, centuries-old whiskey distilleries and, well, you get the idea. This Webinar tour will take you by some of the areas talked about in the Outlander series.
For many people wishing to visit Scotland, it’s overwhelming to think about how to get there and where to go once they’ve reached Scotland. Do you know what castle a James Bond movie was filmed at? We’ll tell you and show you stunning photos of the area. What about golf? Scotland has world-famous courses but they aren’t as manicured as our North American courses. This Webinar tour will tell you about haggis, but we won’t go into the details of what the ingredients are – that would probably turn you off trying it. But, of course, if you go to Scotland, you have to at least try a nibble of haggis.
After a dozen extended trips in Scotland, we still haven’t seen the Loch Ness monster but we have seen Scotland in all its glory and we will share our knowledge with you to create your wondrous seven-day vacation. This Webinar tour is a complement to our Scotland’s Isles and Whiskey Webinar. Both areas are good for cycling but rain gear is a necessity.
Oh, BTW you know how great men look in kilts? Well, D’Arcy is not an exception to that. When we present this Webinar tour, both D’Arcy and Lynda will be wearing their Celtic kilts but D’Arcy says he won’t tell you what he wears underneath that kilt!
Highlights of this Webinar are:
- What to see, what’s not worth seeing.
- How to feel safe.
- What communities to use as home bases.
- What cities and castles are worth a visit.
- Let’s talk golf courses.
- The Celtic music scene
- How to get around with minimum grief.
- What, where and when to eat, and how to tip.
- Customs and courtesies.
- Information you won’t find in a book.
- WIFI connectivity
- Photos of the areas we discuss.
The live Webinar has concluded but you can still escape to Scotland by watching this recording.
What you will receive:
- Unlimited access to the Recorded Webinar for six months.
- After you click on the Buy Now button below another window will open asking you to register. Once you register your browser will open to the recorded Webinar’s url address.
- Save the browser url address to view the Webinar as often as you like, but note that each time you activate the link, you will be asked to register again. This is registration only so we can record the number of views. You have already paid.