“Signed up and looking forward to this webinar.
The Paris webinar a couple of weeks ago was awesome – lots of great info and pictures with humor and drinking tips mixed in!”
– Joanna K., Lethbridge
Ideas on what to see and do in Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona is a beautiful Spanish city with some of the most impressive and unique architecture in all of Europe. No visit to Barcelona, which is the capital of the Catalonia region, is complete without seeing Antoni Gaudi’s Sagrada Familia church or Parc Guell. Gaudi’s architecture is, to say the least, weird with concrete tulips hanging from the ceiling of the Sagrada Familia, but his other historic buildings are just as impressive. Barcelona is also famous for a vibrant food scene. Who would think that someone could spend all day in the La Boqueria market, but you can? The weather is fabulous and Barcelona is constantly listed in the top 10 of the world’s most beautiful city beaches.
This Webinar tour is seven days and will develop an itinerary for you so your daily attraction visits are close together. If you don’t have this kind of itinerary when you visit Barcelona you will find you waste most of your day getting from one attraction to another. Of, course a must-see is the La Rambla, a 1.2-kilometre boulevard which is the first place most visitors go. It cuts through the heart of the city centre and is a vibrant and lively promenade filled with all kinds of action – some good and some not so good.
For many people, Barcelona is the starting point for cruises and the La Rambla (Las Ramblas to the locals) southern end meets Port Vell and the cruise ships. However, it’s a shame to only spend a day or two there when there is so much to see and experience. This Webinar will offer you a 7-day itinerary with a quick train ride to a medieval city where some of the Game of Thrones was filmed and another community with the weirdest museum you will ever visit.
Lynda and D’Arcy have been to Barcelona a dozen times and have found it to be marvelous city to enjoy and cycle. It has a community bike system that makes picking up and dropping off bikes very easy but don’t worry, if you aren’t a cyclist we will explain in detail the metro system and other ways to get around. This Webinar tour can be combined with our Spain’s Northern Mediterranean Coast Webinar.
Highlights of this Webinar area:
- The unique relationship Catalonia has with Spain.
- Getting to and from the airport.
- What to see, what’s not worth seeing.
- Standing in line at exhibits.
- Pickpockets and how to feel safe.
- Do you need to know the language?
- Sangria or Cava?
- How to get around with minimum grief.
- What, where and when to eat, and how to tip.
- Customs and courtesies.
- WIFI connectivity.
- Photos of the areas we discuss.
Come escape with us during this 60-minute Webinar.
Why are D’Arcy & Lynda Kavanagh qualified to present these travel Webinars? See where they have been over the past 25 years: D’Arcy Kavanagh / Lynda Kavanagh.
BTW the fourth book of D’Arcy’s Paul Burke murder mysteries is set in Spain. It is called Silenced in Spain.
- Unlimited access to the Recorded Webinar for six months.
- After you click on the Buy Now button below another window will open asking you to register. Once you register your browser will open to the recorded Webinar.
- Save the browser url address to view the Webinar as often as you like, but note that each time you activate the link, you will be asked to register again. This is registration only so we can record the number of views. You have already paid.
- Any problems contact us.